Like many people, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking during this time of social/physical distancing and self-isolating around the world due to COVID-19. One of the many things I can’t stop thinking about is that, while things have been far from easy, I am still so fortunate in so many ways. And it’s been incredibly, heartbreakingly hard for so many others.
Especially for those who need to be with the people they love right now.
- The Philip Aziz Centre is a community-based hospice, and Emily’s House is Toronto’s only children’s hospice, endorsed and supported by Sick Kids Hospital.
- Both provide palliative care to those facing life-limiting illnesses. This includes people receiving end-of-life care.
- I’ve seen the wonderful work that the staff and volunteers of both organizations do first-hand. It’s a very special place full of unbelievably caring people working with individuals and families going through so much.
For more information:
- Philip Aziz Centre website
- Emily’s House website
- You can also read their most recent statement on how COVID-19 has been impacting their work.
I’ve donated to them before, and plan to continue doing so. It’s not much, but every bit counts, and if I can increase that amount through anything that is made through my INPRNT shop, that would be amazing!
If you enjoy my artwork, and are looking to own a high quality reproduction of one of my illustrations, please consider checking it out!
You can also donate directly to the organization through their website.
Thank you so much!
– Maiji/Mary Huang, March 27, 2020